Cottage Grove, MN – March 16, 2020 — At Werner Electric, our customers are at the core of who we are. It is an unprecedented time in our history, and we are adjusting business practices for the safety of our employees, customers and supplier partners in accordance to the guidance provided by local government agencies and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are taking these measures to ensure we can continue to maintain our business operations while not compromising the safety of our employees and the customers we serve:
- Remote Work – many of our employees can work remotely. To keep the environment as safe as possible and to minimize risk for employees who cannot work remotely, those who can, are working outside of the office.
- Safety & Cleanliness Procedures – for those who can’t work remote due to the nature of their jobs, we have begun training and new processes to ensure we are working in the safest and cleanest environment possible.
- Offsite Visits – Werner employees are limiting visits to customer facilities, vendors and other outside partners to only critical business activities that allow for continuity of our customers’ business needs. All other interaction will be done remotely.
- Onsite Visitors – all onsite visits to any Werner location will be cancelled or postponed. We will be contacting those with plans in the next six weeks to make alternative arrangements for Cottage Grove or branch visits/training. Remote access is available and encouraged.
- Video Conferencing – all Werner facilities are equipped with video conferencing capabilities. Employees are limited to travel to locations/situations where face to face interaction is critical, video conferencing is encouraged as an alternative.
- Social Distancing – to reduce the velocity of the COVID-19 outbreak, our employees have been asked to limit their interaction with anyone outside of their homes and work environments.
- Cleanliness Practices – All employees will be taking part in CDC-recommended guidelines ofwashing hands regularly, avoiding touching your face, cough/sneezing into your arm, no handshakes and clean and disinfecting environments regularly.The health and safety of you and our employees is the top priority for our company. During this difficult time, Werner Electric is committed to serving you and your business in the safest and most responsible way. We recognize many of you have put similar requirements into place to protect your employees and customers, please communicate your guidelines with our employees to ensure we are complying to meet your business requirements. As we pull together as a community to overcome this challenge, we want to thank you for your business and support. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as needed.